YOU MUST START THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR A SUPPORT WORKER NO LATER THAN MARCH 1st OF THE CAMP YEAR THAT YOU WISH TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD FOR. IF WE DO NOT GET YOUR REQUEST PRIOR TO MARCH 1st WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE FOLLOWING CAMP YEAR TO CONSIDER YOUR REGISTRATION.
SIMPLY REGISTERING AND DENOTING THAT A SUPPORT WORKER IS NEEDED ON YOUR REGISTRATION IS NOT ENOUGH TO GET THE BALL ROLLING. YOU MUST Email US AT email@example.com TO COMMUNICATE INTEREST IN ACCESSING SUPPORT FOR YOUR CAMPER.
If you have missed the deadline for this year please mark your calendar for next year so that you can apply on time. Thank you!
Here are some reasons that you may wish to consider a support worker:
- If your camper will need more support at camp than the ratio of care that we provide
- If your camper has behavioral issues that require extra attention
- If your camper is in General Camp and finds social situations that require independent problem solving to be a challenge
- If your camper has medical needs that require constant supervision and or medical monitoring in order to keep them safe and healthy while attending our program
- If your camper has personal care needs that require one on one assistance at meal times, washroom times, and or in the pool we will need to know about all of these items prior to registration. In some cases these situations may require extra support for us to manage.
- If your camper has a diagnosed special need such as ASD, ADHD, ADD, ODD or more/others.
- If your camper needs extra support while attending school you will need to discuss the relevance of this option in the camp setting with our administrative office. These situations do not always require a support worker - however - it can help open the lines of communication for us to provide the best care possible.
If you have read an overview of why you might want to consider support for your camper and decided that you wish to apply for support please read the following information:
HOW TO APPLY FOR A SUPPORT WORKER AT KIDS INC CAMP
- You must call or e-mail our office prior to MARCH 01, in order to inform us of your intent to participate in this service.
- Once you have verbal approval through the admin office you will register for the weeks of camp that you would like your child to attend.
- During our conversation we will be able to determine if you are able to apply for funding or if you will be paying for the support out of pocket.
- If you might qualify for funding - Call your local support agency (example - Community Living Mississauga, Community Living Halton) to find out about how to access funding to pay for the support worker.
- If you will be paying out of pocket we will discuss the total cost and create a payment schedule for you.
- You will hear back from us to confirm if we have been able to hire an appropriate support worker for you on the week or weeks that you wish to attend prior to May 15th. If we have not been able to do so we will provide a full refund for you at that time.
- You will hear back from your funding agency close to that same time. If you do not qualify for funding you can cancel your registration with no fee for the cancellation.
- If you get a worker, and funding and you are registered for camp you are ready to go!
- If you get a worker, and you provide us with out of pocket payment as per the payment schedule and you are registered for camp you are ready to go!
- Provide us with all of the information we will need about your camper so that we can make their time at camp as fun as we can. We will go through an extensive phone checklist with you prior to the start of the camp season and you will also get a follow up call from our Camper Care Team to ensure that our administrative office and our Camper Care Team are up to date with all of the information about your camper that we will need. All of the personal care information about your camper will be communicated to our staff and especially to the support worker who will be with your camper/s during the camp week or weeks that they have registered.
- If you have any questions please e-mail or call us today! Visit the Contact Page of this web site for contact info and office hours.
This process is in place in order to ensure the safety and well being of your child. We thank you in advance for following all the above mentioned instructions in order to secure proper support for your child.
Some cases may not be suitable for Kids Inc Camp. We will discuss your unique situation with you to be sure that we are the right camp for your camper. If we are not we can make suggestions and give you contact information for specialty programs.